Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Improvised Ritual

Hey,
This is a song that I made a week or two ago with help from none other than Daminal McCormick.
<a href="http://grobis.bandcamp.com/track/improvised-ritual">Improvised Ritual by Gregory Patrick Obis</a>
It might not be the final mix. It might not be the best song I've written. But I'm pretty proud of it, regardless. This was an experiment in recording by myself, editing tracks with garageband, 3/4 and 12/8 time (I think everything I do is an experiment in 12/8 now,) loops, drums, improv, and trying to keep repetition interesting. All that came together in the name "Improvised Ritual."
The last track I posted to the blog was the first thing I had done moving in this direction of one person with heavy loops and drums. This is my second step, and I think I'll be going in this direction a bit further in my private musical endeavors. We'll see how that goes.

I hope you like it. I've probably said too much about the track already, but please take a listen, tell me what you think. If you like it, you can download the song at my bandcamp.

2 comments: