

The first two are from the summer. The big orange guy is from a class I am taking now entitled Color Abstraction. I have a great teacher. The painting was done for an assignment entitled: Improvisational Painting, self explanitory. There are two moths on the canvas. It was a good assignment, we had to start with our least favorite color, and I chose orange.


I want to submit one of the two blue guys to the juried undergrad show. I think the square one is the stronger piece, and i like it more. Which would you guys choose?

The one from Color Abstraction is completely gorgeous. And I hope you know I am entitled to some album artwork at some point in the future.
ReplyDeleteI personally like the not-square one more, but I also know much less about art, so go with what you like more.
Everything is amazing, you're doing really great work! I am proud of you...
dude.
ReplyDeleteawesome works.
I'm really digging the color abstraction piece, all the detail just pops out at you at different points to trick you into thinking recognizable objects are present. Glad most of the shapes are subdued with lighter shades, fuck, I am in love with that piece.
as for the undergrad show, I'm into the former painting, so not the square one. The colors are much more relaxing as they seem to be similar to that of tones that could be plausible on some human skin. Plus I think that the large amount of figures blend into each other really well and leads a viewer to consider the possibilities represented. Like I spy, and in a literal sense, I'm seeing some mountains, faces, bodies & hands, beards, and dunes. To me, the square piece seems to be clear that it's 2 figures interacting in some manner but the negative space in it seems to overpower it from looking at it from a computer screen. Looking at them side to side, I'm seeing the rectangle image as the stronger piece.
great minds.
ReplyDeletethe square one dude.
ReplyDelete