Friday, January 15, 2010

7/11 vs. heavy metal 7/11

I went to the closer one about 5 minutes ago. The late night dude was there, and after waiting in line with my half gallon of milk, two dr. peppers and a bag of chocolate raisins a man walked it. He asked the cashier whether or not they sold spirits, we both paused. For a second, I was under the impression that he wanted American Spirits. The cashier pointed toward the wall to his left and the mass amounts of liquor was shinning like an alcoholic's dream. While he perused the "spirits" selection, I commented on how I haven't seen a pack of American Spirits in years of going to that 7/11. The casher replied something a long the lines of "no we have them, fuckin' expensive too." Interrupting my "$8.53" call from the cashier, the man asked if there were any liquor stores close by. The cashier points again towards the liquor and slowly says 1000 liquors, you know, the place we met David. The man leaves and says thanks, with his head half way in between the glass doors and I tell him not to get in any fights, the cashier reminds him to have his ID; waits for a second, and "a lot of money." He leaves confused and I strike up conversation with the Cashier about David. How I met a homeless man who just wanted some Icey Colds and how he spoke of getting thrown out of a 1000 liquors because he got in a fight. As I fumble for my .53¢, the cashier goes on a small tangent about how shit gets crazy. I agree with him, our conversation eventually leads into a fist pound and a request for me to stay safe, I returned the request with a simple "you too."


yours truly,
big whiskey.

1 comment: