
So, everyone who reads this already knows about my borderline obsessive love of cars... I am to cars as Zack is to Guitars, or as Erik is to crushing his enemies via an outdated PC over spans of sometimes weeks. Because of this, my old Avalon was something more to me than a car...
I had so many memories with her... I even remember going with my Dad to buy it when I was 6, and he let me choose the color. I picked my future car because it was black, inside and out, which I still think is a gorgeous color combination. I learned to drive on that car, and I drove it all over the place. I'm sure every single one of us has at least a few memories of times in my old Avalon...I used to love going for rides with her. I'd wash her myself, vacuum the inside like crazy... and do most of the maintenance work on sunny afternoons. It helped me clear my head.
So it's only fitting, I guess, that my Avalon absorbed the brunt of the impact with that van... in being totaled, she totally saved my life. As sad as I am that it's gone, I just feel like I have to replace her with something that does the whole situation justice. To me, that means something faster, something far more powerful... ladies and gentlemen, I have chosen what will be my next car: The Toyota Soarer.
I know most of you have seen this car before, but I kinda just felt the need to post. Anyway, I have until June to find one that's black and black, inside and out, and I'm mainly looking in the southern states so I can avoid rust issues.
Performance-wise, these things are beasts. They're about 5 times quicker off the line than my Avalon, and come with what is notoriously known as the most powerful street engine Toyota has ever produced. The only modifications I'm planning for it are to swap out the stock 5-speed manual transmission for a 6-speed one from a Toyota Supra, which will fit perfectly AND allow the car to cruise at much higher speeds, as well as provide much more efficient engine management. I'm also going to add a Limited Slip Differential, which allows the drive wheels to spin at different speeds through a turn, providing excellent traction and making spin-outs virtually impossible.
So that's my plan. It won't even cost me much, because of the insurance payout I got for my totaled baby.

No comments:
Post a Comment