Thursday, January 29, 2009

Radioactive Erik!



Okay so I just finished futzing around with my first LED creation. Its pretty straight forward and simple but i just wanted to test out using the math for DC electronics and test my soldering skills. I decided to take a retarded picture of Erik and give him intense eyes. Here's the photo after I edited it to make him look green and radioactive.



(thanks to Wardo for taking the picture in the first place)


Then I went over to Radioshack (I know you guys told me not to but I didn't know where else to go and didn't care about losing a couple bucks the first time) and bought wire, LEDs, batteries, and resistors. I ended up buying an assorted pack of colored LEDs and they didn't tell you the forward voltage or current. MULARKY! But I ended up using the greens from the pack anyway. Here's a photo of the final wiring




And here's a photo of the final project. I still need to glue the photo down a bit more and adjust it as well as install a power switch, but I'm pretty pumped about electricity! YEAH!!!!




I'm going to start working on another much bigger project with LEDs and carpentry now. I'll post that when I finish it in about two weeks hopefully.

Thanks guys.


YAAAAY SCIENCE!!!!!!

1 comment: