Since I've been back from New York I've been seeing a new doctor at UIC hospital thanks to Cam's mom who is an expert in the gastrointerology field. And because my old doctor mysteriously doesn't work at my old hospital anymore. So when i first saw my new doctor he seemed really great and he thought that I had crohn's disease and possibly lactose intolerance. But both of those have been thrown out the window pretty much because i underwent a test where they withdrew my blood (with a syringe that was 8 inches long and an inch thick, like horror movie shit) and separate my white and red blood cells. Then they attacked my white blood cells with radiation and put them back in me (this syringe came in a corroded metal case painted yellow and saying "caution radioactive material") and then they x rayed me.
RESULTS = NEGATIVE
its funny. i feel like im one of a very small amount of people who hope to get positives back on their medical tests.
the next step was to take more photos of my intestines in a less evasive way than a colonoscopy. So I had to swallow a camera in a pill. this is what it looked like.
It flashed about twice really brightly every second. I was hoping that I would have illuminated poop, but i think the camera shut off along its journey. i never found it in the end. i was really hoping i could get the images of it going in my mouth, inside of me, and coming out like a piece of food. Then I wanted to make another .gif image.SIGH lost dreams...
Anyway then they hooked me up to this little box that collected the data from the camera inside of me. To do that they had to attach eight sensors to my stomach and chest.
The nurse before hand shaved some of my stomach and chest hair but not nearly enough. When i came to have it removed a black lady nurse tried pulling one off but only got it halfway off and i yelled cause she ripped out my chest hair. So she said to me "You can do that yourself." So i ripped the other seven off along with way too much hair. In the end i had huge patches of fur missing around my stomach and looked like i had been attacked by radiation. So i had to shave a lot of my stomach hair off and now i feel like a five year old boy.i haven't gotten any results back from the camera yet, but that will be soon.
So now, as most everyone knows, I am going to Wright College, "one of the fine city colleges of Chicago." I wasn't planning on doing any academic work while I'm home, mainly because Fordham won't accept any credits from my medical leave of absence. Unfortunately, I turn 19 in just about a week and when I do I am no longer covered by my dad's health insurance, unless I am enrolled as a full time student. The FUCK of the whole situation is that the only reason I am not a full time student and covered with health insurance is because I'm sick and need it.
God Bless America

chicks dig five year olds.
ReplyDeleteyou better get some pillcam results.
I do want to see pillcam results.
ReplyDeleteI hope your taking bullshit classes that you can just breeze through and not have to worry about.
That insurance thing is really messed up... I have the same problem, which is why I'm taking classes from home right now too. It's absolutely ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteGood luck though man. Whenever you wanna come over and chill, it's cool. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask. I hope they figure out what's going on with you soon, cause this seems to be getting kind of crazy.
(oh, and fuck ripping those things off, I can relate! I had no arm hair for about a week...)
Dude, I you better demand to see a copy of the pillcam video. Its wierd to think about the fact that when we turn 21 we'll no longer be covered under our health insurance.
ReplyDeleteI HAVE THE INTERNET AGAIN.
ReplyDeleteThank you for updating us, Danny. I am always wanting updates on this matter!
ddddduuuuude w e r e y o u l o o k i n g t h r u y r p o o ? ? ? ? LOL
ReplyDeletesrsly though tell those mds to quit actin like phds and find out what's goin on. I hope you start feeling better soon man.
ps. 3125238513- as long as yr in chicago we should definitely hang/jam sometime. see you soon hopefully.