Yo!
Tomorrow I am trading Chelly Calandra a TV for my very first record player! I am very excited. Today me and Santino went out and bought a shit ton of records to kick off my new habit. Here are the records I bought:
Alice by Tom Waits
Easy 'Cause It Is 12" by Typical Cats
Sun Giant EP & Self Titled Album by Fleet Foxes
Front on This by Mr. Lif
Kensington Heights by The Constantines
Jean-Luc Ponty: LIVE by Jean-Luc Ponty
A Day in the Life by Wes Montgomery
School Days by Stanley Clarke
Santino bought Alopecia by Why? and some other stuff.
I also already have the following:
Either/Or by Elliott Smith
Um, some Minor Threat EP!
A Los Campesinos EP that I owe Zack.
A Treetops test-press LP
Dangerdoom
I am really excited to start listening to all of this. I think I'm going to have a Vinyl & Vodka party soon, but I'm not sure when. Perhaps next weekend. We can sit in my basement and listen to records and drink, and everyone can bring any vinyl they have to listen to. I'll keep you updated.
Me & Santino are working at Victory Gardens right now for field work term. So far it's been pretty "eh," honestly. Either I'm doing misc. busy work & paper work being mind numbingly bored, or helping build a set and being angry all the time because none of the set builders are patient enough to teach me how to use power tools. Yesterday I did build and set up pegs for a railing of a staircase, and I did that pretty much by myself, and I was happy. I hope work gets better soon; I'm really hoping stuff will improve after the set is done being built.
We should all make it a point to post more in this blog. Feel free to post about anything... Art, Music, Girl Issues, Boy Problems, W/E.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Power tools equals power trip. I start feeling manly
ReplyDeletewelcome to why I never worked at VG.
ReplyDelete