Sunday, February 1, 2009

This is an EXTREMELY rough take of a song for a project I may be embarking on. Perhaps called "Never Knows Better". I'm guessing me and Dan's new project, Border Blast Radio, might sound something like this as well, except with more hip hop.

Also, I love bandcamp. In case I haven't shown y'all this: www.grobis.bandcamp.mu annnnnd www.quincy.bandcamp.mu

<a href="http://grobis.bandcamp.mu/track/dishwasher-pt-2">Dishwasher, Pt. 2 by Gregory Patrick Obis</a>

Tell me what you guys think! All commentary welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Is song washing machines, pt.2 or dishwasher, pt.2? Okay Vowels pt.2. The intro sounds like it's supposed to be that typical "Yo, dis a song I wrote for my homies." type shit; except, nervous and greg-like, rather than a rapper's. Also moving the mic while recording didn't mingle well since I was trying to hear the loop.

    Meant to be more Observations than opinions:
    Is that reverb on your voice? seems off. You've got a very optimistic sound to the idea of your topic. You're saying a lot, and pushing it all into your 4.02 minute time mark.

    "God-for-bid" part sounds off to me, the other breaks sound good. Overall it's got potential and I'm sure that you already know what you want to do with it.

    Love the reverse loop at the end, and the closing of your "washingmachine," despite the confusion of topics and titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was "Dishwasher", I just messed that up. It's called Part Two because I had a first draft of it, but it was pretty bad. This is just something I wrote for a class at Bennington. The me talking at the beginning was also me talking to Santino letting him knowing what I was doing.

    Rough jamz is rough. Thanks, Zack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rough jamz is still good, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love the loop on this. i kinda wish it was a song of itself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not so hot on the drums and words?

    This is not a rhetorical question. I am curious. This is training for when you write for p4k.

    ReplyDelete
  6. poetry, excuse me flow-etry.

    danny's right, loop is killer.

    reminds me of: http://www.myspace.com/locks2

    ReplyDelete