
So i realize i haven't posted ANYTHING the whole time i've been in Boston (but i'll try harder, i promise!) and Greg said he was uploading some ill music and i figured i'd do the same.
The album i'm posting is P.O.S.'s new album, Never Better, which is probably what i will consider to be the best album of '09 (i'm not asking you to agree). What i love about this album is that it's everything his last two efforts were supposed to be. Ipecac Neat, his first release, was gritty, sprawling, and charming, but suffered from a lack of consistency. Audition, the album that put him on the map and got him on the Rhymesayers Entertainment (home to Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Blueprint, etc.) roster has lots of huge guitar samples, disonance, less fucking around gaps between songs, and a larger pop sensibility. With Never Better, P.O.S. decided to retain his love for hooks and marry it with his passion or noise, hardcore punk samples, and discordant layers of sound. Not to mention, the lyrics surpass his previous work in a satisfying fashion. Choice cuts: Been Afraid, Purexed, Drumroll, Optimist, Out of Category, and Let It Rattle.
hxxp://www.mediafire.com/download.php?utyhzgyxjmt
Replace to x's with t's, mes amis.
Signing off,
Emmet

Thanks for posting this Emmet. I already had it (thanks to you,) but I want to further endorse this albums greatness.
ReplyDeleteDAN: Download this.
Nice! I was looking for this the other day, I love POS.
ReplyDeleteAny chance you have Ipecac Neat?