Tuesday, February 17, 2009

hai guyz

Hey there all. I'm taking this semester off, which was supposed to be my opportunity for wild crazy adventures, unique experiences, new people, etc. Instead it's mostly working at Starbucks and hanging out with my boyfriend EJ. But on the bright side, I'm involved with launching the NYU bike share and interning with DK Publishing! Rawk. I applied for editorial and somehow landed in custom publishing/special sales...who ever thought I'd be in a marketing/sales position, right? I get paid minimum wage to make copies and send kissy-face emails to hotels up to 14 hours a week, while getting paid $1.50 more to be inhumanly friendly, clean things, feel like a dumbass, and make drinks for 20-25 hours a week. LIFE IS SWEET

But it's okay. Because I have a radio show on wnyu.org once a week, I got a sexy new bike for commuting (6 miles one way!) and adventures, I'm going to DC next week (does anyone know anyone I can stay with?) and I'm going to Montreal in March! Also volunteering at this kickass bookstore 3 hours a week (that is where my tip money goes) and participating in an RA training/hiring seminar every Tuesday until next week.

I just wanted to make a little noise here until I have the time to say something a little more interesting and with a bit more content. Look forward to stories about ridiculous people, pictures of interesting things in NY, tips on biking, and updates on the random things I am doing with my time.

<3 <3
Kate

Edit: I forgot what is OBVIOUSLY the most important part of this semester: Pokemon Silver. Yeah I got it on eBay for my GBC. I rock.

3 comments:

  1. Further Reflection on Pokemon:
    So, when you play Pokemon Blue, Red, Silver, Gold, or Yellow, it's fun and nostalgic and all around wonderful. However, when you play a new pokemon game (Example: I am currently playing Pokemon Pearl,) it is just really nerdy and pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nerdy is the new cool greg, just as genie pants are the new skinny pants. READ THE MEMO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i may know someone you can stay with in DC, what dates are you going to be there?

    ReplyDelete