Monday, February 2, 2009

The Pixies and Dali


I just sliced my finger on glass. ouch.

This morning my roomate and I were listening to the Pixies song Debaser. I was brushing my teeth while she was making coffee.

got me a movie
i want you to know
slicing up eyeballs
i want you to know




A lightbulb went off; they are referencing a Dali film where in a famous scene a woman gets her eyeballs sliced open! (Not really, but its very gross anyway)






Also, I found this great Dali/Disney animated short that was supposed to be in Fantasia, but never made it in. Its a bad quality video, but the cartoon is really cool.

3 comments:

  1. That cartoon by Dali is really cool... I wish it wasn't just shot by some guy filming his damn TV, I'd love f this had made it in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just bought that record joanna! apparently the used a sheep's eye in eyeball seen. also in the song he sings "i am un chien andalucia" which he thought sounded better then the title "chien andalou"

    that fantasia animation is so cool.

    ReplyDelete